Roadmap and versions¶
PurePNG use odd/even minor version numbering with odd for development and even for stable versions.
PyPNG with it’s 0.0.* version could be treated as previous stable version of PurePNG. David Jones works carefully on this.
0.1 ==> 0.2¶
0.1.1 is feature freeze and 0.2 is about to release. Just wait some time to be sure about bugs. Examples and tests are subject to change.
0.3 ==> 0.4¶
- Provide optimisation functions like ‘try to pallete’ or ‘try to greyscale’
- Separate pnm support to module within package
- Rework iccp module to become part of package
- Better text support
- Enhance PIL plugin, support ‘raw’ reading with palette handled by PIL
- Cython-accelerated scaling
- Support more chunks at least for direct reading|embeding.
- Integrate most tools (incl. picture formats) into package
- Other Cython acceleration when possible